LePrince Des Bois
Leprince des Bois is sired by Yarlands Summer Song who was ranked for 10 years in the WBFSH top 10 Eventing sires and Leprince is his most successful offspring. Summer Song’s sire Fleetwater Opposition is a legend in eventing pedigrees as well and has produced numerous international eventers (Opposition Buzz, Trevalgar II, Ngong Hills, and Absolute Opposition). With the Olympian Galoubet A as damsire, Leprince’s pedigree easily explains his outstanding talent and achievements. Leprince finished 11th at Badminton, 8th at Burghley and 4th at Pau. His full brother Popof des Bois was also successful in CIC 5* as well.
Leprince retired, in great form in 2014 after winning the German junior eventing championships with a 16-year-old girl, his offspring are still young (his breeding’s were limited before The Stallion Company acquired him) but those now out competing are showing good performance and have inherited their sires super temperament .
He produces intelligent and easy horses and manages to keep size whilst passing over his stamina and scope as well as outstanding movements. Leprince will suit light blood type mares who need scope and gallop.
Leprince (aka Prince) is a pleasure to ride out at home and has beautiful flatwork paces. Prince loves attention and is a delight to have around.
- Participation 8 CIC5* Events: Burghley, Luhmuhlen, Badminton, Pau,
- 5* placings include : 4th CCI5* Pau 8th and 10th Burghley CCI5*. 11th Badminton CCI5* (Kai Ruder)
- WINNER German Junior Eventing Championships 2014 (Kristin Rickert)
- WINNER CIC2* Sahrendorf & Copenhagen (Kai Ruder)
- 2nd CIC3* Luhmuhlen & Boekelo (Kai Ruder)
- 3rd CIC3* Malmo (Kai Ruder)
- 4th CIC3* Schenefeld (Kai Ruder)
- 5th CIC3* Marbach (Kai Ruder)
- 3rd Champion at de France Eventing 6 year-old (Frédéric Aronio de Romblay)
- 5th Champion at de France Eventing 5 year-old (Frédéric Aronio de Romblay)