Ambulatory Vet Services
Emergency Contact: 01666880236 – for out of hours, please follow the instructions given when calling this number.
Based in the heart of the beautiful Beaufort Country in Westonbirt, Gloucestershire. Tomlinson Equine offer an ambulatory equine vets service which runs alongside our Stud & Reproduction Centre.
With extensive experience across multiple disciplines from pleasure horses to Olympic level performance horses, you can put your trust into our veterinary team to give you advice you can rely on. The Vets maintain a special interest in athletic performance, lameness and reproduction to ensure they offer the latest advice in the veterinary industry.
You will often see our vets on duty at local events such as Beaufort Hunt Point to Point, Beaufort Hunt Team Chase, Dauntsey Park Horse Trials, Chukkas held at Beaufort Polo Club to include Gloucestershire Festival of Polo and many more.
As an independent family business we are able to offer competitive and often better pricing on like for like Veterinary services.
Wherever possible we can perform our examinations, diagnostics and treatments at your yard.
Being based in Gloucestershire enables us to service a wide catchment area, including performance yards distantly in Berkshire, Surrey, Somerset and West Sussex. We pride ourselves on providing our clients with a top class personal service where clients have direct contact with the treating vet.
Please contact the office to see if we can provide services in your are
Our visits include:
- Vaccinations, Health Checks, Lameness examinations & diagnostics.
- Pre-purchase and Insurance Examinations
- Export Health Certificates
- Management programs to include fecal egg counts followed by worming advice and program. Laminitis field management programs and many others.
- Treatment of medical conditions
- Emergency services for wounds, colic and other injuries.
- Sarcoid treatment and removal
- Routine Teeth Rasping with power dental equipment
We have access to “state-of-the-art” portable equipment, which enables us to to perform diagnosis on your yard. Currently we have the following:
- Portable Digital X-Ray, which enables us to provide instant images and advice at your yard.
- Portable Endoscopy
- Portable Ultrasound: High quality ultrasound images available to view at your yard
- Portable Shockwave Treatment
Alongside the reproduction centre our vets offer home visits from checking your mare to carrying out a health check on a newly arrived foal.
Please refer to our reproduction section to find out more.
We can also offer Pre-Purchase examinations Internationally. We have travelled extensively, including, but not limited to:
- New Zealand.
These visits are by prior arrangement only.
Please contact the office if you wish for one of our vets to visit you.